Fun Fact: In a research experiment involving obese men, an intake of 30 grams (2 tbsp) of coconut oil for 4 weeks reduced waist circumference by 2.86 cm, or 1.1 inches.
Its like coconut oil is the solution to all problems these days.. Its everywhere!! For hair, skin or body.. Coconut oil will take care of anything. I think at this point every home should keep a jar of it.. and now I sound like those ladies in sponsored ad shows.. Buy one and get one absolutely free haha Nah I am just kidding!
So recently I read an article on how a woman lost weight by adding some coconut oil in her coffee. I’ll link the post in the end so don’t forget to check it out. This article inspired me to do some research and spread the good news with y’all.
I also heard the famous Victoria Secret model, Miranda Kerr swears by coconut oil and its benefits of keeping her waistline slim. So read more to find out how you can add it in your daily diet…
How does coconut oil help with weight loss?
- It contains a ton of MCTs (Medium chain triglycerides) which are the healthy fatty acids that boost metabolism.
- They do not get stored in the body as excess fat.
- When we replace the normal fats with MCTs, they burn more calories.
- It very effective in reducing abdominal fat because it fuels up our digestion power and metabolism.
- Fun Fact: Countries like Philippines, India and Pacific Islands where coconut oil is part of the regular diet have fewer cases of heart disease and obesity.
How much should I take everyday?
- 90-130 lbs, use 1 TBL coconut oil before each meal for a total of 3 TBL per day.
- 131-180 lbs, use 1.5 TBL coconut oil before each meal for a total of 4.5 TBL per day.
- Over 180 lbs, use 2 TBL coconut oil before each meal for a total of 6 TBL per day.
I am not trying to lose weight but what I do is every morning, I add 1 full table spoon of coconut oil to some warm milk with 1 tbsp crushed almonds, a pinch of saffron, a pinch of turmeric and 1 tbsp honey.
I take it because it gives me a lot of energy for the day and it’s keeps my immunity high as well! I call it my morning protein energy drink.
You can add your coconut oil to some tea or warm water or warm milk.
You can use it in cooking instead of olive oil or sunflower oil.
Or add it in your smoothie as a protein power.
You can satee your veggies in coconut oil which actually gives a really nice flavor and essence.
Use it in replacement of butter in bakery food like muffins.
Use it every single day consistently for quick, noticeable results and get that summer body ready to show off at the beach. You’ll thank me later <3
IMPORTANT– Make sure the coconut oil you use is organic, virgin and cold pressed. The best brands are Nutiva and Optima. Honestly, any brand is fine as long as it claims the labels mentioned above and is certified.